With over 25 Years Consulting experience, and 5 Years as a PMO Manager, Mr. Stevens has consistently demonstrated value and success with some of the world’s best-known companies and organizations. He has extensive experience in Strategic Planning, Business Architecture, Process Improvement, Program and Portfolio Management.
His industry experience includes Gaming & Entertainment, Aerospace, Retail, Government & Military.
He holds degrees in Psychology and Computer Science from Concordia University, Montreal, plus certifications in Strategic Planning and Leading Strategic and Cultural Change from San Diego State University (Haines Centre)
Co-author of the 2002 book (McGraw Hill), The Relationship Based Enterprise.
Developed and delivered Portfolio Planning and Management course for the Central Bank of Nigeria.
He brings a very holistic perspective of what it takes to be successful and can guide clients along the journey to success.
Mr. Stevens started his career in information sciences as a statistical programmer for the Department of Epidemiology and Bio-statistics at McGill University in Montreal, working on key public health studies.
His consulting career started with DMR Group in 1987, (an international consultancy, later Fujitsu), and progressed to Director of Management Consulting. Some key clients & projects included:
IBM – Program Manager and Business Architect
• Designed new services, processes, roles, responsibilities, for IBM’s first global customer data business unit
• Reversed a failing program that was focused solely on technology.
American Express – Program Manager and Business Architect
• Redesigned International trade financing organization and operations reversing declining market share
• Facilitated international executive team to create new vision, mission, product and operating strategy
US Navy Exchange – Business architect
• Reengineered all aspects of US Navy Exchange operations from merchandising to store operations, restoring the Navy Exchange to profitability within 2 years
Pentagon – Program Manager
• Consolidated 4 IT support organizations for non-classified systems, supporting 25,000 users
As an Independent consultant for over ten years, he performed a variety of high-profile assignments with Fortune 500 companies such as:
Boeing - Global Program Risk Manager
• Network Segmentation Program to defend networks and data warehouse from foreign hacking, reducing program risk by $10 million
Walt Disney Company – Portfolio Management Specialist
• Redesigned IT Strategic Planning process
Bank of America – Portfolio Management Specialist
• Developed and deployed technology and application Portfolio Management system
US Army – Process and Activity Based Costing Specialist
• Developed Activity Based Costing tools to cost all services provided on US Army bases in Pacific
International Game Technology
• Managed casino systems integration PMO (20 program and project managers). Customer surveys indicated our group had company’s biggest one-year increase in customer satisfaction (2013)